What is a property survey?
A property survey describes, maps and locates land ownership boundaries and corners, features and improvements.
Why should a property survey be made?
Land and its improvements are a major financial investment; therefore, all land ownership boundaries should be located, monumented and mapped by a property survey and filed in public records.
When should property be surveyed?
- When property is divided into parcels for sale or development.
- When property is to be sold, purchased or mortgaged.
- When property improvements are planned or to be developed.
- When government regulations require a survey and map of your property.
- When the location of property boundaries or corners is uncertain.
- When property trespass or encroachment is evidenced or suspected.