Providing Support and Professional Development for Land Surveyors since 1952
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Drafting & Design)
PURPOSE: Pursuing Progress-Sustaining Success. The City of Brookfield is looking to hire an experienced, Civil Engineering Technician (Drafting and Design) to join our Public Works team. The Engineering Technician (Drafting & Design) performs paraprofessional level work with drafting and design and construction/engineering documents. The incumbent supports the City’s Engineering staff in designing and constructing the City’s annual public improvement program; creating plan and profile sheets utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D; drafting a variety of engineering documents such as easements and miscellaneous exhibit drawings; and updating and utilizing the City’s GIS and Asset Management systems.
Drafting & Design Primary Emphasis Responsibilities
Additional Engineering Technician Responsibilities (may be associated with the Drafting & Design position)
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
Engineering Technician II*:
1. An associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology.
2. At least 4 years experience with drafting and design.
3. Ability to utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D computer software program competently.
4. Basic knowledge of the principals and practices of public works construction, public land boundaries and survey preferred
5. Familiarity with construction plan reading, surveying, GIS, public works inspection and utility marking preferred.
6. Valid State of Wisconsin Driver's License.
Engineering Technician I*:
1. An associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology, preferred.
2. At least 2 years experience with drafting and design.
6. Valid State of Wisconsin Driver's License. Equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered.
* The City has the right to fill the Engineering Technician position vacancy at either the I or II level based and knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
2022 SALARY RANGE: Engineering Technician II: Pay Range: 125 $33.23-$37.99 per hour with excellent benefits
Engineering Technician I: Pay Range: 121 $27.32-$31.23 per hour with excellent benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: training and experience evaluation; written, oral or performance tests; or other assessment methods. The Department of Human Resources reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises.
Applications will be accepted through SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2022. This deadline may be extended to meet the needs of the City.
APPLY ONLINE through NEOGOV from our web site (www.ci.brookfield.wi.us), by clicking on the job title and clicking on the "Apply" link! An email address is necessary to apply online. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the "Build Job Application" link. This application can be saved and used to apply for other job openings. If you do not have a current email address, you can sign up for free email to create your account.
You will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. You may submit a resume by copying and pasting the document, however the application must be completed in its entirety to be accepted. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
For assistance click on “HELP” after you are logged in or during business hours contact Applicant Support @ 1-855-524-5627 or contact Ann Harvancik at (262) 787-3607 in the City of Brookfield Human Resources Department.
08/17/2022 THE CITY OF BROOKFIELD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: